Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today (Oct. 16th) is my Mom's birthday. So here's a special "shout out" to you Mom!

Although I may have a personal bias, I think my Mom is the best mom out there. Actually, I'm not the only one who agrees - she was chosen as one of the top 10 moms in Calgary a couple years ago in Vibe 98.5's Mother's Day contest.

Today, I would like to give my Mom a gift of thanks.


Mom, I want to thank you for always being there for Robb and I, and our families.

I want to thank you for being such a kind, considerate, and warm person.

I want to thank you for being the kind of person who would offer help to anyone, without expecting anything in return.

I want to thank you for being the kind of parent we knew would love us no matter what, but who also instilled in us the desire to be the best we could be.

I want to thank you for your vibrant energy - you're like the Energizer Bunny who never stops moving.

I want to thank you for being the kind of Mom/Granny who never ends a conversion without saying "I love you".

I want to thank you for being the kind of Granny who treasures time with her grandkids and whose grandkids know she would do anything for them.

I want to thank you for being the kind of Mom whom I can call when things go wrong, but also the person I most want to call when things go great.

I want to thank you for always making us feel special, for guiding us without judging us, and for making us believe we could do anything.

I want to thank you for your friendship, your great wit and sense of humour, and for always being my cheerleader!

I want to thank you for showing me what a strong, smart, funny, and compassionate woman can accomplish. (That's you Mom!)

I hope you have an amazing day! I love you!

6 comments:

  1. Jenny said it best!! Love you. Robb

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really miss my granny.

    love
    caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me want to cry reading this.. she is truly all you wrote about Jenny and more! Granny, you have touched so many hearts and lives and Im so grateful I get to be in that list! Thank you for being you and I would really like to clone that energizer bunny gene and implant it in myself!! LoL Have a wonderful day you deserve all the best and then more!

    love the Daubs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, I'm so glad you posted the link to this on Facebook. Now I can add you to my Google Reader and stay on top of your posts. All the best down there.
    and ps
    yes, your mom is TERRIFIC!!!
    jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautifully said!!! I could be envious of you and your mother's relationship Jen, but I choose to not be instead I choose to aspire to be the kind of mother/grandmother/friend Joan is..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes your Mom is a great lady from the years I remember her growing up! I'm sure she misses you so much!!

    ReplyDelete